< Dom >
Friday - August 15, 2003
Note: this rant is from Asmodeus, AKA Ken, AKA "Doushi Kenzuki". He wanted to put up a rant about the blackout and why there was no MT strip, then it ended, so there goes that window of opportunity... instead, we get to hear him talk about Otakon! So without any further ado, I turn this over to Asmodeus. -Ed.
This will be a long rant so please bear with me.
It's been a week since Otakon 2003, the largest anime convention in the Eastern US. Fred, Sarah, Jon (Ukyo), and I had lots of fun, along with a lot of scares. Too bad Dom couldn't make it 'cause I would have been able to dodge few of those terrors if he was present (Suck it! I dodged that like Neo... -Ed.). So here is the list of the pros and cons of Otakon 2003!!
- Lots of fans coming to the MT panel and autograph sessions
- The panel going very smoothly (Hey, we're getting good at this)
- Meeting a lot of friends from MT and other communities
- Finally meeting Tenebrae, info source for the Miho character (She's so damn kewl!)
- Getting autographs from Yoshiaki Iwasaki, the director of Love Hina, on my Love Hina R2 DVD box and Love Hina artbooks (Yes, I'm a big LoveHina fanboy)
- Jerry Chu of Bandai coming to complain that our autograph line was colliding with the Bandai booth (Mwahahahahahaha!) (Tell Jerry that he gets no luv until he tells us what they're going to rename Quattro Vagina! -Ed.)
- Being with 2 gorgeous girls in corsets! (I should get a silk bathrobe and a pipe :P)
- Sleeping in between 2 very very cute girls! (Nothing sexual, I mean it!)
- My girlfriend cosplaying in the costume of my dreams (mmmm.....
- Seeing two grown ups in cat suits and pink bunny suits
- Missing otaku announcements in the Dealer's Room (Ben blah blah, I believe you are old enough to be aware that your mother is looking for you)
- Not seeing Great Teacher Largo lecture (Hallelujah!!)
- Never seeing it rain during the day
- Getting to meet Tsukasa Kotobuki again (I was his interpreter at Katsucon)
- Hot humid weather (It's Baltimore, what do you expect?)
- A "L33t n3kk1d sk1llz" Largo cosplayer humping me and rubbing his (censored -Ed.) against my thigh (uguu... I can still feel it...)
- Not seeing the T.M.R. concert
- Not spending enough time with some friends
- My right arm hurt pretty bad by the end of the con (No, not what you're thinking)
- Walking (Maybe I should ask Fred to get a Segway for conventions) (Wuss! -Ed.)
- My car acting strange while driving there and coming back (It was shaking like it was about to break apart)
- The Pocky riot (go easy with the Pocky next time, Go Takarada)
- Getting stopped every 5 seconds for an autograph (People, please listen to what we say)
- Not seeing many cosplayers
- Hearing ADV booth bimbos screaming like boars with a front row seat
- Not getting to buy goodies 'cause I'm broke (Where is my paycheck?!)
- The con only feeling 2 days long
- Dom asking Fred and I to strip during the panel (Hey, the fans wanted it, not me -Ed.)
There's more but I'm sure you are all getting tired of reading my trash, so I will stop. Thanks to all who came to see us and made a stop at our booth in the Dealer's Room. Here is the quick list of thanks to the people who made my con experience fun.
Otakon Green Room Staff
Otakon Autograph Staff
Tenebrae and Tene-daughter
Rest of the #censored crew
Richard "Pocky" Kim
Taka the ukulele-man
Pontus Madsen from Little Gamers
Natsuki and the Nekobox gang
My "kawaii" girlfriend Crowie (Dude, what's with the quotation marks? -Ed.)
To e-mail Asmodeus, use his aniverse address: email@example.com. -Ed.